- St Eadburgha's Church
- Chipping Campden
- GL55 6NG
Anything up to £150,000 could be readily spent in the next 2 years to improve and maintain our beautiful historic church
In order to properly look after our Grade 1 Listed Church we continue to need to invest in all aspects of maintenance and improvement.
We have recently re-roofed the south aisle and refurbished the Admonitions panels; both with some generous support from benefactors.
New padded seat cushions have been installed on every pew, generously made possible as a result of the retiring collection at Sally Sabin's funeral.
Substantial tree works have been completed in the churchyard and re-pointing of all exposed joints has been completed to protect the inner fabric from the elements.
We have also recently extended the under-pew heating to the rear of the church and to the Choir [part funded by a retiring collection at a recent Funeral].
Forthcoming Projects, funding permitting, will include:-
· Refurbishing the Vestry to include improved kitchen facilities
· Toilet facilities within the curtilage of the churchyard
. Improving the churchyard path with edging and wearing surface;
Future ideas include:-
· the refurbishment of Chancellor Sir John Fortescue’s Tomb
· replacing the nave aisle carpet with a breathable alternative
· automating the winding mechanism of our turret clock
· sympathetically separating the south transept from the nave
· introducing a modern automated projection system
Inevitably, to achieve these outcomes, considerable fundraising effort, generous donations, or Legacies, are always welcomed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.
Peter Banton, Churchwarden